How can you add art deco to any room?
In this article, I am going to be talking about how you can add art deco designs to any room that you want. You will be able to make it all glamorous. If there is one trend that can completely transform any given space, it is none other than the most iconic and also recognisable interior design styles. You will have reached the heights of popularity in the 1920s, 30s and 40s as well, and I am talking about art decoration. It is something that boasts a lot of glamour and traditional luxury. It is something that includes a lot of geometric patterns, symmetrical designs, a lot of bold colour and many metallic finishes. It is something that presents a bit of visual drama. It also looks like a scene out of a movie that boasts opulence and luxury.
• I’m sure some of you are wondering what art deco design is all about. Well, art deco is also known as style modern and was a major design style in the 1920s and 1930s.
• It is also characterised by very simple shapes, a lot of glamour, and there is geometric designs that the interior designers will make use of. They will also be making use of metallics like silver and chrome.
• You will also be finding a lot of mix patterns as well. If you are lucky enough to live in a house that has some old fixtures in pristine condition, you should certainly do yourself a favour and keep it. This is something that is going to be worth a lot of money in a couple of years. Instead of renovating it, I suggest you restore it by completely deep cleaning it. You will definitely love it.
• You will also find that a lot of brass elements are going to be incorporated in this particular design. Nothing screams opulence more than elements that include brass. I am definitely obsessed with a lot of metallic additions into light fixtures, cabinet hardware, chairs, kitchen places and more. The brass actually looks a lot more expensive than the black and white colour. And, you will not have to spend a fortune, to make it look like it was worth a fortune.
• You should also experiment with lighting. Make sure that you have more than one item that gives a lot of sparkle and light. But, you need to make sure that it is properly functional. I am also talking about adding mirrors here in there. Make sure that these are strategically placed with the help of geometry. You can also go for a beautiful chandelier. You will find that lighting plays a significant role in the audience of any room.